The only dining experience of its kind in Aotearoa!
Dates for this event are:
– Sat, 13/01 – Sun, 14/01
– Sat, 20/01 – Sun, 21/01
– Sat, 27/01 – Sun, 28/01
– Sat, 03/02 – Sun, 4/02
– Sat, 10/02 – Sun, 11/02
Tickets for this experience are $375 p/p which includes:
– A guided jet boat ride along the Whanganui River.
– Canoe hire and operator guide with over 10 years guiding experience.
– Light snacks and refreshments prepared by Hiakai upon arrival at Puraroto Campsite.
– A six-course tasting menu with wine and bespoke juice pairings crafted by Hiakai.
– Artisinal breakfast prepared by Hiakai on the morning of departure.
– Dome tents, air mattresses, inflatable pillow, dry bag, torches, and overnight passes for Puraroto Campsite.
Vehicles will be parked overnight in a safe and secure location at Whanganui River Adventures in Pipiriki.
We will provide the following equipment:
- Dome Tents for overnight camping
- Air mattress
- Inflatable pillow
- Dry bag
- Life jacket
- Food and water
- Jet boat
- First Aid Kit
All guests are to meet at Raetihi Holiday Park at 1pm. Hayden Potaka from Unique Whanganui River Experience will be there to meet you and guide you along Whanganui River Road to Whanganui River Adventures in Pipiriki. Whanganui River Road is a unique historic road with incredible views overlooking the Whanganui River, and surrounded rich native fauna. Upon arriving at Whanganui River Adventures you will be fitted with life jackets then taken aboard jetboat bound for the Puraroto Campsite where you’ll be spending the night.
Not at all, these trips cater for the absolute beginner who has never paddled before. You’ll be given clear Safety Briefings and also a bit of Training prior to leaving in order to help you manage, and Hayden will always be on-hand to offer advice. There are a number of rapids between Puraroto and Pipiriki, however, they’re no problem at all – they are perfect for beginners, great fun but not at all dangerous.
The following is recommended:
- Warm on-river and off-river clothes
- River footwear
- Sleeping bag and/or blanket
A full itinerary and suggested equipment list will be provided when you book.
Guests must inform us of dietary requirements at least one week prior to dining. Due to the remote location of the event, we cannot cater to dietaries without advanced notice. Please ensure that you inform us ahead of time so we can plan accordingly.
Over 21 days until scheduled event: Guests may receive a full refund
Less than 21 days until scheduled event: Guests may receive a partial refund of 50% of the purchase price
Book online here.